You must make an online application and book appointment if you want to apply for a visa or a permit to Norway.
How to get started and what to do?
1. Please register your online application and book appointment at the Application Portal Norway: https://selfservice.udi.no/</A>'>https://selfservice.udi.no/
2. Secondly, please refer to the Embassy’s webpage for detailed information regarding which supporting documents to bring: www.norvegia.ro Please note that all applicants, irrespective of online registration and booked appointments, must provide full supporting paper documents for their applications. Applicants who fail to provide the necessary supporting documents will kindly be asked to book a new appointment.
3. After you have submitted the online application, booked your appointment and provided all the supporting documents, we will be pleased to welcome you to the Royal Norwegian Embassy to submit the necessary supporting documents, and provide biometric data.
4. We would also like to bring your attention to the fact that all the above mentioned application types are included in our new electronic case processing system. The processing time is expected to be somewhat shorter for electronic cases.
Can we assist you in any way?
• Our detailed instruction on how to register online could prove to be helpful if you would like more information before starting. It is available in both English and Romanian.
• You can send us an e-mail: email@example.com. How to register and book appointment online - English Instruction on how to register online • Go to https://selfservice.udi.no
• Click on register new user
• Fill in the necessary boxes; username-password-first name-email-confirm email
• In a short while an email will be sent to the address provided. Open the email, click on the site given to activate your account.
• Go to application portal, on the left hand side enter your user name and password and click on log on.
• You will be shown the first available appointment at the Embassy
• Choose the application you want to fill out: visa, family immigration, education, etc....
• Fill in the application completely. (Please note that all the boxes with a star next to them are mandatory and have to be filled out)
• When the application is filled out and you submit the online application, a confirmation is sent to your e-mail.
• Please note that you must print the cover letter that is available on the summary page and bring this cover letter to the Embassy with the rest of the paper documents.
• After completion of the registration, you will be asked to book an appointment. A calendar will be available. Choose the month and day you want to submit your application. On the right hand side of the screen you will see a chart will all the available times for your chosen date. Click on the circle to choose the time you prefer.
• You will then receive a confirmation for your appointment on that same page, pls print that page and bring it with you to the embassy on the day you have your appointment.
• Close all tabs and log out of the program
Please kindly note that the reference person in Norway can register online on behalf of the applicant.
There is no need to print or email the Embassy with the copy of your application form, but you need to print and have the confirmation of your booked appointment when you come to the embassy. The Embassy will receive the application electronically as soon as you have registered/submitted it online and will make all the necessary corrections in your application. Please kindly make sure that you bring all the necessary supporting paper documents. To see the list, please refer to the Embassy web pages: (www.norvegia.ro ). Please make sure that you have the necessary supporting documents, original passport and cover letter ready on the day you have your appointment to submit the paper application to the Embassy. Applicants must be present at the Embassy on the day and time of their appointment with the copy of the confirmation of their booked appointment.
All applications for any kind of permit will be scanned and sent electronically to UDI in Norway for processing.
What do we have to ask from you as an applicant?
1. When you deliver your paper application you must bring all the original supporting paper documents and a perfect copy of each.
2. The copies must be A4, with no staples, no stickers, no torn pages. After we have seen the originals, you will get the originals in return and the copies will be kept in the file. The only original we need to keep is the guarantee form/work contract from the reference in Norway.
Since the transfer time is thus diminished, UDI expects case processing times to shorten considerably.